THE UTTAR PRADESH LOKAYUKTA AND UP-LOKAYUKTA ACT-1975
SECTION- 9. Provisions relating to complaints-
Subject to the provisions of this Act, a complaint
may be made under this Act to the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta-
(2) Every complaint shall be accompanied by the complainant's own affidavit in support thereof and also and also affidavits of all persons from whom he claims to have received information of facts relating to the accusation, verified before a notary together with all documents in his possession or power pertaining to the accusation.
(3) Every complaint and affidavit under this section as well as any schedule or annexure thereto shall be verified in the manner laid down in the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, for the verification of pleadings and affidavits respectively.
(4) Not less than three copies of the complaint as well as of each of its annexures shall be submitted by the complainant.
(5) A complaint which doe not comply with any of the foregoing provisions shall not be entertained.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-sections (1) to (5), or in any other enactment, any letter written to the Lokayukta or Up-Lokayukta by a person in police custody, or in gaol or in any asylum or other place for insane persons, shall be forwarded to the addressee unopened and without delay by the police officer or other persons in charge of such gaol, asylum, or other place, and the Lokayukta or Up-Lokayukta as the case may be, may entertain it and treat it as a complaint, but no action in respect of such complaint shall be taken unless it is accompanied or subsequently supported by an affidavit under sub-section (2).