THE UTTAR PRADESH LOKAYUKTA AND UP-LOKAYUKTA ACT-1975
SECTION- 11. Evidence -
(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, for the purpose of any investigation (including the preliminary inquiry), if any, before such investigation under this Act, the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta may require any public servant or any other person who in his opinion is able to furnish information or produce documents relevant to the investigation to furnish any such information or produce any such documents.
(2) For the purpose of any such investigation (including
the preliminary enquiry) the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall have all
the powers of a civil court while trying a suit under the code of Civil
Procedure, 1908 (Central Act 5 of 1908), in respect of the following matter,
(3) Any proceeding before the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall be deemed to be a judicial proceeding within the meaning of section 193 of the Indian Penal Code (Central Act 45 of 1860).
(4) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (5), no obligation to maintain secrecy or other restriction upon the disclosure of information obtained by or furnished to the State Government or any public servant, whether imposed by any enactment or by any rule of law, shall apply to the disclosure of information for the purpose of any investigation under this Act and the State Government or any public servant shall not be entitled in relation to any such investigation to any such privilege in respect of the production of documents or the giving of evidence as is allowed by any enactment or any rule of law in legal proceedings.
(5) No person shall be required or authorized by
virtue of this Act to furnish any such information or answer any such
question or produce so much of any document-
(6) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (4), no person shall be compelled for the purpose of investigation under this Act to give any evidence or produce any document which he could not be compelled to give or produce in proceedings before a Court.