THE UTTAR PRADESH LOKAYUKTA AND UP-LOKAYUKTA ACT-1975
SECTION- 8. Matters not subject to investigation -
(1) Except as hereinafter provided, the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall not conduct any investigation under this Act-
(a) except on a complaint made under in accordance
with section 9 ; or
(2) The Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall not investigate any action,-
in respect of which a formal and public inquiry has been ordered under
the Public Servants (Inquiries) Act, 1850 (Central Act 37 of 1850), by
the Government of India or by the State Government ; or
(3) The Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall not investigate any complaint which is excluded from his jurisdiction by virtue of a notification issued under section 19.
The Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall not investigate,-
(5) In the case of any complaint involving a grievance, nothing in this Act shall be construed as empowering the Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta to question any administrative action involving the exercise of a discretion except where he is satisfied that the elements involved in the exercise of the discretion are absent to such an extent that the discretion cannot be regarded as having been properly exercised.
(6) The Lokayukta or an Up-Lokayukta shall not investigate any complaint involving a grievance against a public servant referred to in sub-clause (iv) or sub-clause (v) of clause (j) of section 2.